Covid-19 Guidelines for Travellers
Guidelines for Travellers
Travellers are subject to the following conditions:
- On arrival, all travellers are required to present a negative PCR COVID-19 Clearance Certificate issued by a recognized facility within 48 hours from
the date and time of departure.
- Every person arriving in Zimbabwe will get a PCR Test, possibly by gene expert, done at the Port of Entry. Results expected within 20 minutes.
- Persons below the age of 61 months will be exempted from PCR testing on arrival. Other exemptions may only be issued by the Secretary of Health
- e.g. on Health grounds or age. Official exemptions include VIPs, Diplomats and their families, Envoys, UN staff and their families. Official exemptions
will quarantine at home.
- Once tested the person will proceed to a quarantine centre of their choice at cost to that person. Results will be communicated to each individual tested
when results are ready.
- Each person arriving in Zimbabwe shall book accommodation at the designated quarantine centres on or prior to arrival. Transport will be provided
by hotels/lodges. People failing to afford quarantine accommodation and/or transport will be handed over to Government Social Welfare Department.
- Quarantine centres will be published by the MOHCC. These will be lodges and hotels.
- The MOHCC will establish Airport PCR Testing laboratories. And each PC test shall be done at a nominal fee yet to be gazetted.
- Persons designated as business travellers, e.g. those visiting the government, shall be exempted for quarantine requirements.
- Proof thereof shall be required
- Passengers to get designated transport from the airport to the quarantine centres.
- Travellers with fake COVID-19 documents will attract custodial sentences.
- Upon clearance to enter into Zimbabwe, tourists are expected to follow COVID-19 guidelines at hospitality and recreation facilities.
- Domestic tourists are not required to present COVID-19 Certificates but are expected to follow COVID-19 guidelines at hospitality and recreation facilities.
- A dedicated national toll-free ‘2023’ helpline and call centre is available for information about COVID-19 to travellers.
- On departure tourists can obtain COVID-19 certificates from the approved laboratories.
Zimbabwe Tourism Authority 2021