The Tourism sector has been greatly aﬀected by the prevailing environment and as such the Zimbabwe Tourism Authority has come up with the Tourism Innovation challenge as a means of creating opportunities for young innovators to participate in the tourism value chain. Through this initiative ZTA will also partner with other innovation hubs to incubate and mentor selected project winners. The Tourism Innovation hub is aimed at young innovators aged 30 and below. This is in line with Government’s thrust of youth empowerment and poverty alleviation in marginalized groups. The Challenge will be held at the provincial and National Level. Provincial winners will enter into the national challenge
Benefits of the Tourism Innovation Challenge
• It will help in identifying innovative projects that can transform the tourism sector
• Encourage young innovators to create projects around the tourism sector.
• Create employment for the youth.
The them for the 2023 Tourism Innovation Challenge is Sustainable Tourism. Projects should showcase how they can contribute to the preservation of natural and cultural heritage, attract sustainable tourists, bring economic benefits to local communities, and effectively manage the destination. Additionally, projects that demonstrate innovative approaches to reducing the carbon footprint of the tourism industry, supporting local businesses, and promoting responsible and sustainable tourism practices would be highly valued. It is important to note that the projects should not only be creative, but also feasible, scalable, and impactful in the long-term. The challenge seeks submissions that can transform the tourism sector in a meaningful and sustainable way.
2023 Project Submission Guidelines
• This years theme is Sustainable Tourism. Submissions must follow this theme, submissions that do not follow the theme will not be accepted.
• Participants must provide a functional email and telephone number
• You are only allowed to submit one entry.
• Participants Must be aged 30 years and below.
• Failure to follow these guidelines will lead to automatic disqualification
Terms and Conditions apply
To participate please fill in the entry form below
Zimbabwe Tourism Authority 2022